Conference Day 1
Financial Overview – making projects possible, reassure quality and safety
12:00 am - 12:45 am Who is who
Discover who else is participating in the conference.
The matchmaking picture wall will help you identify who
you want to meet at the conference.
9:45 am - 10:00 am Chairman's Opening
10:00 am - 10:30 am Bankability of innovations
· Offshore wind project finance
· Contracting as part of the bigger picture
10:30 am - 11:15 am Speed Networking
Get in touch with the other conference guests in quick paced 1-1 meetings – make sure you bring a stack of business cards.
11:15 am - 11:45 am Refreshment break and networking
11:45 am - 12:15 pm Importance of climatic & vibration testing of 6-12MW wind turbine components
· Component validation testing by climatic laboratory testing – small scale & large scale components (transformers, switch gears, OHVS components, junction boxes) – experience & cases
· In-field design validation vibration measurements in offshore conditions as contribution in dynamic testing – different foundations / different dynamic requirements of components
· Lack of testing standards
· Bridging operation teams with design teams to learn & optimize
The presentation will focus on multiple ‘environmental load’ challenges that various development teams have to overcome in adapting and inventing 66kV solutions for offshore energy usage. Vibrations and shock loads, but also
climatic factors (humidity, salinity, temperatures) are different from traditional grid infrastructure and onshore wind power solutions. Therefore specific adaptations with respect to operating temperatures, vibrations, shocks, corrosion, humidity etc… have to be considered to resist the environment in which they are transported, constructed, commissioned and operating. As there is still a lack of specific standards for this market, specific testing infrastructure such as climate chamber tests on transformers, junction boxes, switch gears can give insights in the reliability and performance in extreme environments during the prototype phase. Also field vibration measurements give the needed insights for optimization of the 66kV technology for the hostile offshore environment as different types of foundations lead to different vibration behavior.
66kV technology overview, understanding the network and surrounding systems
12:15 pm - 12:45 pm 66kV Cable arrays for offshore wind farms, future standard in the industry? Building up confidence for the market
· Technical options for 66kV cable arrays and future development
· Expected demand from the market and how to cope with it (plans to increase production line)
· Amount of cabling necessary for a specific project
· Benefits of implementing 66kV
12:45 pm - 2:15 pm Lunch Break
2:15 pm - 2:45 pm 66kV array cable system development
· Introduction to 66kv array cable design
· Lessons learned from the ‘Industrialization’ of qualified 66kv array cable technology
· Essentials of 66kv array cable design for the new offshore standards
· Next developments of array cables for floating offshore wind
2:45 pm - 3:15 pm 66kV - cable installation challenges and solutions
- Deployment technology
- Array cable offshore testing
- Array connection and optimal design
3:15 pm - 3:45 pm Refreshment break and networking
3:45 pm - 4:15 pm Substation and components changes
• Transformers for the turbines and the platforms
• Footprints: impact on platform (equipment, cabling, bending radius)
• Loss reduction
• Distributed platform redundancies
4:15 pm - 4:45 pm Resonances in 66 kV collection grids of OWPPs
• Typical resonance frequencies in 33 kV collection grids
• How the resonance frequencies change when we go up to 66 kV?
• Main resonance frequency – what does it depend on?
• Possible implications for harmonic and transient behaviour
4:45 pm - 5:15 pm Open mic - 66kV technology: are all stakeholders ready to go?
- Cabling industry getting last certifications and testing
- Electrical suppliers gaps in experience with the technology
- Transferring onshore experience to offshore market
- Offshore logistic companies waiting for developers to start installation
5:15 pm - 5:30 pm Closing remarks by Chairman
6:00 pm - 12:00 am Evening Event
Join us for an informal evening get-together! This is an excellent opportunity for you to meet the other attendees and make new business contacts